Tuesday, March 15, 2011

That time of the morning...

It has been a while since I have blogged. I actually started blogging in 2005 during a really rough patch in my life. I plan on bringing a lot of those posts here and re-posting them because after reading them again recently, I realized that it is so apparent how God was leading me even then, when I was so very far away from him. I found it so encouraging how I could literally see that even though I was off God's path for me, He was most definitely leading me through my detour. Oh how much more smoothly the journey would have gone if I had just stayed on the path. But today, that's neither here nor there because I have something funny to share with you.

I am a part of a group called MOPS. If you are a mother of little ones and do not know about this yet, google it! It has been my saving grace since I've become a mother. Especially a mother constantly living in a different states. Anyhoo, today was our "spring tea" and I was packing the kids back in the car, the most embarrassing thing happened.

I have the most amazing stroller. So amazing, that I have a hard time figuring it out. It has a learning curve and now that I have another kid, I'm remedial at best in learning things. Especially under pressure. (speaking of which, I just realized I've left about 45 mini quiches in the car... oops)

So I'm finagling with this monstrosity and trying to get all of my things in my car and letting Eli play in his diaper bag.

** idiot **

This has been going on for some time and tons of moms are driving by and loading their own kids in the car. It was a full house today (of course) being a special occasion and all! So I look down some ten minutes later after chit chatting with a friend and casually putting things around to see my monster lovely young son playing with a tampon.

You think, this is not so bad. How could anyone see it? You, my friend, are imagining him just holding it in his lap. That is not how it happened.

Eli has both hands over head with one hand swinging the cottony inside of the tampon over his head like a lasso. The other? Why a hot pink sword applicator of course.

So like any good mother I yelled *&*#$%^ calmly took the tampon lasso/sword away from him and hid in my car in shame.

If you saw this today, I'm so sorry. I will take all tampons out of my diaper bags from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment