Thursday, July 7, 2011

Four Years Ago...

Many of you don't know that when I "met" David for the first time it was not face to face. We met when he was in Ramadi, Iraq fighting for freedom. (that's the way he likes to put it and uses it in his defense when he forgets to take out the trash.) Anyhoo, we virtually dated for 8 months via Skype. It looked a lot like this:






Then one beautiful day in March of 2006 we had our first date and then that weekend our first trip together to San Antonio. We looked like this:



Then he had to go back to Germany where he was living. It ripped both of our hearts out and left them hanging somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. It took approximately one week of this to convince me to leave the job I loved and the home I knew and move with him to Germany. Which led to this:

http://thehumptylife.blogspot.com/2011/05/around-this-time-four-years-ago.html (sorry you'll have to copy that into your browser)

We came home and had to elope so that we could live together in Georgia so I could plan our gorgeous December wedding. So on this day 4 years ago in the chapel of the church he grew up, with just our parents and the pastor in attendance, in we looked like this:



David, I knew that marrying you would be an adventure. It has been a storybook from the beginning and I know everyday will be exciting until we're 90 and it's hard to get out of bed. Even then, I know our routine will be fun and funny because that's the kind of people we are. I love you so much for so many different reasons. You are the most honest and straight forward man I know. I know you will always stay true to me and your kids. That's not an easy man to find these days. You are OH SO funny and you make me laugh every day. You are an amazing dad and so patient, kind and loving with our kids. You are always there for me when I need a day off or even thirty minutes to myself. You never forget special days and you always send me tulips to make up for the ones we missed in Holland. I love our travels and I love the days we spend just wasting time on the couch. God made the most perfect man for me and I feel so thankful and so blessed! I would have never been able to find someone so perfect for me and I'm so glad that we were "picked" for each other and it turned out the way it did! I can't wait to continue this adventure in Hawaii... dang, I'm so excited! And I can't wait to see what funny things our kiddos do each day with you. I love this life with you and I love you so much! Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! What a romantic wedding! :) I always love reading about elopments like this-just love, no hoop-la! :) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete